Green Infrastructure Strategy Engagement
Published 30th October 2022
Engagement closed 2nd January 2023
BCP Council has recently signed up to a set of goals and principles within our Green Infrastructure Strategy that sets our ambitions for investing in green infrastructure across BCP over the next ten years.
The goals of the strategy are to make best use of Green Infrastructure to:
- Encourage healthy living and well-being
- Strengthen resilience to climate change
- Support nature recovery and biodiversity
- Support economic recovery, prosperity and placemaking
Have Your Say
This engagement focuses primarily on ‘greening the urban environment’ and is the area where we are asking residents, the public at large, landowners and developers to make a difference to address the Climate and Ecological Emergency.
We know that in some areas there are low levels of accessibility to green space for those who need it most, in other areas there are flooding issues, for others no street trees to help cool their neighbourhoods. We would like your help to understand where a difference can be made and the level of support for more Green Infrastructure.
- For full details & links to our online survey and interactive map please visit haveyoursay.bcpcouncil.gov.uk/green-strategy
For those interested in further information about the Green Infrastucture Strategy, please refer to the doumentation below: